Thank you to everyone who made the inaugural City of Forest Day on October 15, 2022 a huge success! Presented by Forest for All NYC in partnership with the Parks and Open Space Partners – NYC Coalition and NYC Parks, City of Forest Day was an annual day of activities across the city to raise awareness of the importance of the New York City urban forest, and the essential role New Yorkers play every day in caring for the “lungs” of our city.
Here are some ways that you can help care for the urban forest year-round:
- Check out our coalition members to learn about opportunities to be engaged in caring for the urban forest.
- Talk with others about trees, their benefits, and the NYC Urban Forest Agenda to amplify the message and advocate for trees. Read The State of the Urban Forest in NYC to learn more about the urban forest.
- Encourage organizations and businesses you’re connected with to join Forest for All NYC.
When visiting the urban forest, please remember to:
- Keep our urban green spaces clean – including our street tree beds, public parks, community gardens and woodlands.
- Avoid climbing or hanging hammocks or other objects on trees.
- Stay on marked paths in parks and natural forested (woodland) areas.
- Keep dogs always leashed in woodland areas to protect sensitive wildlife areas.
- Enjoy flowers with your eyes, but do not pick blooms.